1) I have size 13 feet.
2) I was the only kid in my schools history who played 1st XV rugby, 1st XI Cricket and 1st XI Soccer.
3) I was captain of my primary school gymnastics team. (I was little when I was at primary school)
4) I won a competition at a nightclub for being the best dancer.
5) I had lived in England for most of my adult life (so far)
6) My best cricket return, bowling in a match, was 10-48. Yes Tom I am a better bowler than you. You know who you are.
7) I have held the William Webb Ellis (Rugby World Cup) trophy aloft, and waved it around.
8) I can’t stand blue cheese and prefer a cold beer to Champagne.
9) My first ancestor to arrive in New Zealand, was Sir Walter Scott’s nieces son.
10) At age 19 I could run 100 metres faster than my older brother who was a proper athlete.
11) My Grandfather was the first All Black sent off in a game of rugby in South Africa.
12) I was once married into the British Royal Family.
13) I know about passing the port to the left, I learned it the hard way.
14) I’ve bowled an over at a West Indian Test Batsman. He hit me for 6, five out of six deliveries.
15) I wrote a public statement to the people of New Zealand for one of our greatest heroes to sign his name to.
16) I didn’t ‘graduate’ from High School, I was asked to leave.
17) I’ve been interviewed on TV by BBC South Today, TVNZ and NBC.
18) I wrote a play for a competition when I was 12 years old which featured on a New Zealand television show.
19) I have a shark phobia, (or just a natural fear of a dangerous predator).
20) I won my High School speech prize at age 15
21) I was in the New Zealand army and also spent a year in the ready reaction force.
22) My Great-Great-Grandfather was asked by Te Kooti to be with him at his deathbed.
23) I had driven over 200,000 kilometres by the age of 19, mostly in trucks and Land Rovers.
24) I was 12 when I learned to ride a motorbike.
25) My paternal grandmother used to wash the family laundry in a stream as the family lived in a corrugated iron shack with no running water.